Cyber Security Resources
Looking to dive deep into cyber security or just pick up a few tips?
We’ve got some resources to get you on your way.
- Agile Application Security
By Laura Bell, Jim Bird, Rich Smith, Michael Brunton-Spall. Published by O’Reilly Media, Inc.
A practical guide that introduces several security tools and techniques adapted specifically to integrate with agile development.
- SafeStack Blog
Our team writes regularly on a range of cyber security topics. Check out some of our recent posts below.
• What Among Us teaches us about workplace security
• How to spot social engineering: advice from a cyber security expert
• Lessons learned in device security
- Security When Small: Asset List [PDF]
This list helps you take stock of what kind of data you collect and what systems and accounts you use in your organisation. Check out our Security When Small blog series for more info.
- Code Review Security Checklist and Implementation Manual [PDF]
One for our more technical friends! This checklist is designed to improve security culture in development teams, helping them consistently check their code for common security risks. The manual covers putting this into practice.
- Te Reo Māori Vocabulary Lists [PDF]
Several of our Security Awareness training courses are also available in Te Reo Māori, and these resources translate commonly used terms.
• All Vocab Lists
• Passwords Security
• Keeping Your Devices Secure
• PCI DSS Compliance
• Phishing, Vishing, and Smishing
• Introduction to Risk
• Security for Remote Working
• Security Incidents
• Data Handling
- PCI DSS control list [JSON]
This handy JSON file shows the PCI DSS control requirements, applicable Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ), testing method, and priority. Use it to make prioritisation of PCI DSS project tasks much easier!
Talks and videos
- How Can I Help You? [Video]
Laura Bell at Kawaiicon 2019, Wellington, New Zealand.
- Small, But Fierce (But Still Small) [PDF]
Erica Anderson at OWASP New Zealand Day 2020, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Security In Our Code Review? Check! [PDF]
Daniel Zollinger at OWASP New Zealand Day 2020, Auckland, New Zealand.